vrijdag, maart 30, 2007

Aeropuerto & Hospital & bombs in the metro

Hi there!

well, time for a new update I think. yesterday we had a party of our University in the biggest club of Santiago. was pretty full over there. we first had a small party at our place after a short football match in the park. Round 12 we went to the place where the buses would leave. For me the evening went very fast, it certainly was somewhere around five and we had to go. good to notice is that Paula and I where the last ones to leave the main area. so yeah, we've had a good party there. off course with some drinks and a lot fun. after a half an hour busride that made me feel sick and a very funny metro ride we arrived back home round 7 in the morning. now at 11.30 in the evening I still got a very bad headache.

Than some bad news, as I already said we had a football match yesterday. There my roommate satu hurt her ankle, today she went to the hospital just to check it. and at the moment she is still there, she has to stay there and tomorrow morning they will operate her because she broke her leg, and its a complicated one. Good thing is that she is in one of the best hospitals in the city, which also means that it is the most expensive one. 1 night there cost 214.000 pesos, I pay 90.000 a month for my room, but hey, that is what we got the insurance for. tomorrow we will pick her up and I think we will have to nurse her for the next 2 months. yep, bad things happen.

Ah this is gonna be a very happy post, now I will tell you about the public transport system here in santiago. In januar they changed the whole system to make it possible for more people to use it. ´But I think they made some wrong calculations, and now it is just a mess because there are too many people. a couple of weeks ago a women died in the metro because she couldn't breath anymore, and today there were demonstrations all over the city. This demonstration were pretty violent. people have been shooting with guns and in one metro station they threw a bomb. I am lucky I dont needto go to university by metro. nah, truth is that this was only today, normaly they dont shoot and throw bombs :)

Hey guys, dont worry, I'll be okay. And I think I will be home on sunday the 22 of july. More about my trip will follow as soon as I finally booked my flight.

Chao, Maurice

2 Comments:

At 7:23 a.m., Blogger Simon said...

Heee gast! gevaarlijk daar bij jou... Let goed op...

Groetjes, Simon

 
At 4:04 p.m., Anonymous Anoniem said...

Heyy!

So soon it will be over?? Let me know when u´re back in europe and more important, when is the great home coming fiesta!!! i might just be able to come and visit u in Neatherlands... have most of the summer free...
take care!
lots of luv.

old BB

 

Een reactie posten

<< Home